Preparation Precedes Power

This week was really busy, but really really great!!! We made some pretty big goals at the begining of the week, and with God's help we were able to accomplish or nearly accomplish all of them!!! I want to add to that preparation precedes power (mom could you look up who said that please haha (: )     [Mom note:  I wasn't certain exactly what talk or book he is referring to, so for now, I'll put a link to a talk by President Thomas S. Monson titled Preparation Precedes Performance.  Click here to go to the link.]   We made so many plans to accomplish our goals and it took forever, but I know because we put in our best efforts God multiplied our abilities and gave us success. 

On a cultural note the food here is absolutely amazing!! I haven't had one thing I haven't liked yet. A lot of it is super hot but it's sooo good! I encourage everyone to go and eat some Korean food. The ice cream here is really good too! But expensive like every dairy product :/ oh well. 

Something I found in my personal studies early last week that I felt impresed to share is Alma chapter 28 specifically verses 6 and 12, but the whole chapter too. As I read it, the spirit testified so strongly to me that the plan of salvation is real. We WILL live with God and our families again. And I am so thankful for that. I had the opportunity to share this during the week, and it definitely helped my testimony and gave me even more determination to share the happiness that this gospel brings to other people so they can have the peace and joy we have. It is definitely hard at times as we all know from our own challenges, but I know as we endure it well and continue to have faith all things are possible and we will have joy in this life and eternal life and peace and happiness in the life to come. (another random scripture I want to share is Alma 34:40-41). 

Oh fun story!! I had lunch with a member one of the days, and I had heard that he holds the world record for the biggest hula hoop ever hula'd!!! But when I brought it up he denied it.. but not very convincingly so I don't know haha. Anyways, that was random. But thought I'd share it and it might give someone a laugh. I love you all!! I'm sorry these aren't very good or have super awesome stories but there's too much to write all that I want to, and it's so much of a blur of awesome I can't remember it all but this work is amazing! The Church is true!!! Hoping and praying you all have a good week!

Love, Elder Lott


Question of the week: Do you do laundry in your apartment, or go to a laundromat on your p-day?

Answer: We do it in our apartment through out the week when we have time. Like right before studies, we'll throw a batch in and then put it up to dry after we're done studying (:



Elder Chu, Elder Lott and a member


No explanation with this one, but loving the lush, green gardens



Lunch with President and Sister Turner
Elder Lott is in the upper left with Elder Chu
Picture is from Mission Presidents blog:
koreaseoulsouthmission.blogspot.com



Zone Activity near a new church house
Elder Lott is in the upper right on the back row
Picture and explanation of the activity is on
the Mission Presidents blog:
koreaseoulsouthmission.blogspot.com


Comments