Thank You for Prayers

First off this week I would like to thank everybody for their prayers and support. It is definitely working!! And second off, I would just like to testify that this is God's work and He is involved. He dosen't forget us, sometimes He just uses methods that we couldn't even think of.

This week we met with one of my best friends here in Korea a few times. And during one of the times we were going over some things he'd have to do in order to get baptized, one of them being get his parents permission because he's a minor. Well, we talked about it for a while and he came to the conclusion that he'll wait a few years until he dosen't need their permission and then get baptized because he really didn't want to talk to his parents about this. And I completely understand him. To just show you the tip of the iceberg that my friend is facing, his mom is a leader in a church that when it's translated into English is the Heaven's New Order... anyways that should be enough to show you just how big the problems would be if my friend were to bring this up with his parents... Anyways he then came to church on Sunday again though, and during the youth meeting a youth ski trip (to 평창 [PyeongChang]!!!!! which is like a 45 minute drive out of my area and out of the mission!! ahhh sooo hard haha) came up and youth conference or efy (I don't know which.. the translation is difficult) this next weekend came up and he reaaaaaly wanted to go. And then the ward stepped in and was amazing!! They dropped everything and were figuring out how to get him there and make the arrangements so he could come. As part of that, some of them who didn't know his situation helped talk him into asking for his parents permission if he could go, and at first he was like ok but I'm going to lie and not tell them about the church part, but then some of the members that were helping him so much were like "No, you can't lie to your parents!" And so he finally made the call and told his dad. My goodness, that was the most stressful waiting I've ever done. He wanted to do it alone so we stepped into the chapel and waited. I can honestly say I haven't prayed that hard in a long time, maybe ever. Well, the good news is that he is skiing in 평창 [PyeongChang] right now! Probably as I type this!! His struggles aren't over, and they aren't going to get easier.. But his determination and faith to keep moving forward despite what he is facing right now is so humbling... I cannot describe how amazing he is. He is my inspiration and an amazing blessing and miracle in my life. 

This is God's work and His church on the earth today. He lives and is in every aspect of our lives. I love you all and would like to thank you for your prayers, know that they are affecting my life and those of people like my friend.

Love Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Do many people in Korea have braces, or have naturally straight teeth or even just have crooked teeth?

Answer: I can't say I've really paid attention to that, sorry! But from what I remember it's a bit smaller percentage than what we had back in Utah wearing braces. at least that's what it appears to me. Dental care is super expensive here though! So brushing and flossing is super important because I don't want to have to drop a ton of money for dental care here! (My comp just informed my that most of them have crooked teeth! So there's your answer (: )



Family Picture!
My mission Dad, older Brothers and Nephew

Picture from Mission President's Blog
So grateful that President and Sister Turner take
the time to make sure we get occasional pictures
of our boy!

From the Mission President's Blog:
http://koreaseoulsouthmission.blogspot.kr
Elder Lott is on the back row, third from the left.
He also is in the background of some other pictures
in the December 31st post. 





Comments