God has a Sense of Humor


Miracles this week are in abundance!! First off, God has a sense of humor. Mom, Dad, you know that family history was a struggle for me. I really did not like it. RootsTech was the worst young men's activity in my mind back in the day. But with that said, now I'm actually starting to like it. And here's why: simply it is the tool that God has given to me to help someone I love (and their family) come closer to Him. With this person it has literally been the only thing to get him to open up to missionaries, but through it we have been able to bring the spirit to our meetings more than I could have imagined at our first meeting. And now because of him and God, I'm now making my own 족보 [ pedigree ] for my family. I'm so sorry if this part is so unorganized and scattered, I'm a bit emotional about this topic and this family and man and words aren't enough to describe it and the love of God I get to feel for them. So let's just say God opened up some doors this week and is using them to help improve me as well (:

But another miracle is with a Filipino we met on the train the other day!! Complete miracle finding him. He is so humble and prepared he is absolutely an amazing man. His faith in God and Christ are so strong and honestly seeing his faith and hearing his stories has strengthened my testimony as well. And fun fact, after he left and we went on another train or two talking to people we ran into another Filipino and I never got around to asking him for his contact information before he left and I felt so bad about it but then it turns out the two are friends!! Aaaahhhh yeah!! God totally blessed us with miracles this week. This is His work. As I've continued to leave my life in His hands, He's continued to lead it and bless it more and more. I know without a doubt that Jesus is the Christ, God lives and loves us, this is Their church today on the earth, and that true and lasting happiness and joy can only be found through the gospel and obedience to the commandments.

Oh, and 설날 [ Korean New Year ] happened this week, lets just say it is one of my favorite holidays. and it was well spent (: I love this place and the culture so much!!!

I love you all and pray you have a great week!
Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Do you eat meals more often at tables and chairs, or sitting on the floor at a low table?  We've seen pictures of both, but wonder if there is a preferred one by Koreans.

Answer: When they eat with us it's about 50/50 but we're foreigners so they often provide a chair and table, so I'd probably say sitting on the floor is still more common and popular. I'm getting more and more flexible as time is going on!! At least with sitting cross legged. I personally like sitting and eating on the floor, there's something that makes you feel a bit more close to everyone when we do it that way (:


Outside a PC room [internet bar]


Last days with Elder Forthman and Campbell



Comments