Peace in This Life


So this week we got transfer calls! I'm staying, and getting a new companion tomorrow, Elder Ross. I got to serve around him a bit when I was in Seoul, and he's a great guy so I'm excited to work with him. I'm sad to say goodbye to Elder Forthman though, but he's only going one area over so not that far (well actually it is pretty far when you're in 이천 [Icheon] and one area over is half the mission away, haha). 

Other than that, this week was a pretty basic week in missionary life (: Yesterday was stake conference and that was really good! Yep, I don't know what I should really share this week so I guess I'll just share my simple testimony that I know God lives, this is His church, His Son Jesus Christ is our Savior. Through His atonement, we can become clean and receive the strength we need to overcome any difficulty in life. As we strive to serve others as Christ would, we can feel the spirit more strongly and feel God's love for everyone and the peace we can enjoy in this life so much better. 

I love you all so much and pray that you have a good week and can see God's hand in your life.
Love, Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Are Koreans excited about the Olympics, or just gearing up for Korean New Year instead?

Answer: Not really either... I've heard and seen surprisingly little about the Olympics. I really only get to see it on tv as I pass by shop windows. And as far as 설날 [New Year], people probably are gearing up for it but it's a very inside personal family holiday so there hasn't been much about it. And actually that's why our p-day has been moved this week to Thursday (we just get to email today) because trying to meet and proselyte on that day will be pretty much pointless. It'll be fun to experience the culture!!


Tteokguk Soup - Traditional Soup served on Korean New Year
Wonderful blog post about tteokguk soup at: mykoreandiet.com


[Mom note: I cannot get enough of this beautiful blog:  kimchimari.com
She has the most amazing Korean recipes that actually turn out when you try them, 
beautiful photography and culture insights.]


Elder Lott with Elder Forthman, Sister and President Turner
picture from: koreaseoulsouthmission.blogspot.kr



Comments