The Book of Mormon has Power


This week was good!! Finally started being able to go outside with the records done!! Heck yeah!! It was super cold though, so there weren't that many people out. They were all very smartly inside. Especially in the pc rooms. Haha a good amount of the people we ran into were going from one pc room to another because the first one was full. But that's ok, the people we did talk to this week were so great! It's almost as if God understood that we wouldn't be seeing a ton of people so he decided to make the ones we did extra special! This week had several expericences with super long conversations on the street or on the train and that were really good meaningful conversations and they felt good and I definatly felt Gods approval after them, even when they didn't turn out the way I would hope.

Also this week I went on exchanges. which normally isn't too exciting. It's just part of missionary life and it just happens, but this time on the exchange I had a pretty interesting experience. Towards the evening we had an appointment with a potential investigator, which is always exciting. Anyways he comes to the church, we sit down and start talking. And then we find out he's a 전도사 [missionary]. Directly translated it's something like proselyter person, but it carries a very VERY negative feeling. (That's actually one of the insults we get thrown at us) They're pretty much a missionary (which is 선교사 it carries a bit better feeling but because of some things it still sadly carries a slightly bad feeling...) except they get paid, go around yelling and telling people they'll go to Hell if they don't repent, and love to bible bash. And before this I've only met them on the street. So we're sitting down and talking and as it goes on I'm getting more and more frustrated with him, but the Holy Ghost really helped out in so many ways!! Some of them being: We avoided useless arguing (which trust me, was sooooo dang hard, probably the hardest I've ever had to struggle to not argue with someone) because the Holy Ghost constrained me (It was so weird. I felt it in a way I've never felt him before!! Literally like a physical being with his arm around my shoulders/hand on my back pushing me forward when necessary, and holding me back at other points.) The gift of tounges was so flipping real, and he helped us testify with power and just end it after that. And in the end, the man accepted a Book of Mormon and wants to meet again. He still only wants to bible bash, but I know the Book of Mormon has the power to soften his heart and I pray that it does. So that was a really interesting experience this week! (:

Also this week, I had my first real Korean strawberry and oh my goodness!!!! It was sooooooo flipping amazing!!! Literally the best fruit I have ever eaten!! I ate myself sick on them almost!! They are sooooo goood! The next few weeks you can be sure that I'll be feasting on those (:


Korean strawberries are exported all over the world.
Click here for article from English.YonhapNew.co.ko

Korean grown strawberries are very popular in Asia
Click here to read more about Korean fruit on TripZilla.com

Korean Strawberry Festivals
Click here to read about a festival on EverydayKorea.com


Hope you all have a good week! I testify this is God's true church on the earth!!
Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Does anyone in Korea talk about the Super Bowl? What sports do they talk about?

Answer: Not really, haha. One of the missionaries in my house does, but that's about it! If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have recognized that it was happening. They mostly talk about soccer and sometimes baseball. The occasional person talks about basketball and the NBA, but never college ball sadly. Oh well.

Comments