Transfer Calls


So this week we got transfer calls. And this time I've got a pretty cool experience to share. But for those of you who can't wait till the end to know, I'll first say that I am moving, to 신갈 [Singal] ward and my comp will be 조재목 장로님 [Elder Jo]!!!!! yay!!! Some of you might recognize the name or maybe when I send pictures later realize who he is, but simply put we were in the MTC together!! He's great. I'm looking forward to it for so many reasons!! Anyways, on to the super cool story about this and how I defiantly know God is involved. So for the last little while I've kind of known that I would be leaving 이천 [Icheon], and I've honestly been a bit sad to leave this place. After all, I love the people here and have made so many friends and 이천 [Icheon] is just amazing!!! Anyways, last Friday in our zone we had a 전도 [proselyting] activity in 분당 [?]! So we showed up there and then switched companions for the activity and then hit the streets and 전도'd [proselyted]. Well I'll let you guess who my comp was for this activity... Elder Jo (or Shepard if we're going by one of his English namesㅋㅋ [ha ha])!!!! Anyways, we hit the streets first while another group did sticker boarding. And we were talking and catching up and having a good time and of course 전도ing [proselyting]. So we come up to this one corner and I start a conversation with a man, and we talk for a bit and then Elder Jo chips in and then we're just having this conversation as we cross the street and stop on the other side and it was so fluid and natural and honestly crazy with how perfect it was. Just all of us talking and Elder Jo and I had a sync that was insane!! Almost as if we'd been comps for 2 transfers or more!! It was crazy. I can't describe it very well, but anyways from that point on the thought just settled in my mind that it was very possible for me to be his comp next and for the next while I was just pretty calm about what was going to happen at transfers. I had already kind of gotten my transfer call from God so it didn't really matter any more.

Anyways and then Saturday night when we got our call, the AP was like "you're all staying except Elder Lott" and we were like ok that's what we were expecting. And then I kind of as a joke, partially because I knew it, was like "and I'm going to 신갈 [Shingar Ward] with Elder Jo right?" and then the AP was just like what??? How'd you know, and was astonished that I guessed it, haha. It was pretty cool. These next weeks will be fun!! We're both young missionaries and still have a lot of that fire so we should get to see some miracles!! I'm pumped to be with a Korean again too (: Anyways that's one of the biggest things that happened this week. Other than a lot of goodbyes on Sunday and today.. But I know where I'm going is exactly where God wants me to be right now. I can say that with 100 percent confidence. And I can't wait to see what God has in store for me!! I'm excited (:

Love Elder Lott


Question of the Week: I've read that when eating with Koreans, you should never pour your own drink and always offer to pour others. Also that the eldest eat first before others can begin. Any other food etiquette you've had to learn?

Answer: Oh yeah, those are right and there is so much more and I don't even know it all!! I just try and follow and be very conservative in my actions and everything when eating with Koreans, especially older members. But here are some things I do know, the youngest (so usually me) always sets the table and pours the water. And you always give to everyone else before yourself, so if I'm pouring all the water cups, I start by giving the first to the oldest and so on down to finally me. Also on the topic of drinks, you don't usually drink while eating here and if you do you have a glass about two times the size of a shot glass. Anyways and then like you said, the eldest eats first and you have some polite manner things that you should say especially if you're being given the food and a lot of other small things. Hmm and then another interesting one is you never stab your chopsticks say into the rice or leave them at an angle in you bowl or anything. You put them on the edge of the bowl so that they're parallel with the table because if it's put in the other way it means the food is meant for the dead. So there are appropriate times to do that, like at special times of the year at families graves, but not at the dinner table. (: Yep, and anything I said could be wrong, after all I'm not Korean I'm just going off of what I've been told (:


[No explanations with pictures, but looks like he enjoyed his last week in Icheon. 💕]



























Comments