Ward Conference/Birthday



This week was good!! This Sunday was pretty great! It was the birthday of 이천 [Icheon] branch becoming a ward and it was ward conference!! It was quite the event! So many people came out including leadership, less actives and investigators. And my goodness it was so perfectly orchestrated by God!! All the talks and lessons and everything were perfect! Literally I was sitting with an investigator during priesthood and we're talking before the lesson really starts and he asks about callings and how it all works especially with apostles and higher callings as well as lower ones, but the lesson was about to start so I told him I would answer it after when we were in more of a lesson setting and could describe it all and he was ok with that so we just started the general priesthood lesson. And then part way through the lesson it somehow comes around to that type of thing and the stake president talked about it (not specifically to our investigator but to the whole class) and perfectly answered it!! So I then just leaned over and asked him if that answered his earlier question and he said yep. Just stuff like that all throughout the meetings! It was absolutely amazing!! I don't think I've had such a spiritually powerful meeting in Korean before this one. And it was a good day for my Korean too haha, which was a blessing!

In other news our working with the youth is going pretty good and we get transfer calls this Saturday... I'm begging God to let me stay, but He's got a plan for me and I know wherever I go or stay it will be what's perfect for me in Gods plan (: He's always led my path before, and will continue as I continue to do my best to follow Him and make right choices. I know He truly is our loving Heavenly Father and knows what's best for us. When we trust in Him, we can find more peace and joy than imaginable. I love you all!!

Elder Lott

Also if you have time, look up sepak takraw. One of my best friends here was a professional at this sport for a while.

[Wow!!!  We should totally have this sport here in the United States!]
Click to see just one of the many videos you can find on Sepak Takraw.



Question of the Week: This is a fun fact I read:  "The taxis in South Korea are colour coded according to the level of service offered. If you hire a grey or white taxi, your taxi would be a basic car with a fully qualified but not so experienced driver. Whereas if you hire a black cab, you will get a luxury car with a more experienced driver."
Are taxis a popular transportation choice, or do South Koreans use buses and subway more commonly?

Answer: I'm not so sure about the colors... I've never paid attention to that part of it before... I've just been careful about what ones I get in because 개인 (personally owned) taxis are more expensive and so there are generally some that I try to avoid. Also you need to know to watch the driver here because sometimes the rev the engine so you pay more and think you won't notice. Most the drivers are nice and don't, but occasionally you get one like that.. but over all I try to avoid taxis especially in the city. Out in the country you sometimes need to, and then it's ok if you split it with some people, but in the big city centers or anywhere in Seoul I personally don't take them because it's slower than other public transportation and more expensive.


Picture from a 2012 article about taxi driver strike in Seoul
koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news



Comments