Kimchi


Pretty great week!! We worked our tails of this week proselyting. 왜냐하면 [Because] we lost a lot of our investigators for various reasons last week, one of them being he moved to Australia. Kind of hard to met with us haha, so we referred him down there. But with that said because we have had a lot of time to proselyte we got to see a lot of miracles too! One of them being while we were stickerboarding (a type of proselyting that I think I've explained before?? maybe?? If not I'll explain it next week if people ask) and I was holding the board which usually makes it pretty hard to talk people but I was still trying anyways. And I started a conversation with this one women and we were talking and her questions lead straight to the restoration. So standing right there on a busy street corner out side of a subway station I taught the restoration pretty simply in in about 5 min!!! It was really cool!! Usually here in Korea you're lucky if they give you 30 seconds and it's a miracle if they're interested in religion, so needless to say that was a unique experience! It felt so great to be testifying and teaching on the street (: There were some more miracles, but for now that's all I'll share (: I've got some pictures to send finally, haha love you mom!! (: This church is true!! Love you all!!

Elder Lott


Question of the Week:  I've read that kimchi is served at every meal, even breakfast! Do you find that to be an exaggeration or true? Do you have a favorite kind of kimchi?

Answer: Yeah, that's pretty true. A meal isn't really complete without 김치 [kimchi]. And since there aren't really any Korean breakfast foods it's good there too! Oooh especially fried and on a spam egg and toast sandwich!! (Spam is also super popular here, random question, how expensive is it in the US??) It's kind of a Korean fusion food but still really good! Kimchi is the best haha. And I like the basic kimchi from... I don't remember what it is in English... some type of cabbage or something?? Some type of leafed plant, I've only ever heard what it is in Korean so that's what I know it by. [probably bok choy or napa cabbage] and it needs to be relatively old. Super fresh kimchi is good, but if it's older its better (if it's been stored properly so it's not moldy) Oh!! That reminds me the other day I had some of the best kimchi of my life!!! At this one 감자탕 집 [Potato House] it was sooooo good!! I almost just sat there and ate that and nothing else, but I wanted to try 감자탕 [gamjatang - pork bone soup] too so I stopped, but it was soooo good!! You can put it on just about anything and it makes it taste better (: and 김치 찌개 [kimchi stew] is so good too!!! and 부대 chigea [budae jjigae]!! The best!! haha its so good! (lately we've been out at our house though so I've been sad.. our food has been a bit bland... 😢) I could go on forever about kimchi, but I'll probably stop for now haha. The stuff in America doesn't compare, so I'm sorry to say you can't really relate to this unless you've been here, so you're all probably wonder why I'm going on an on about it, haha sorry!

























Comments