New Area and Companion


This week was pretty great!! Getting transferred so quickly was unexpected, but my new area and comp are great!! 부천 [Bucheon] ward is absolutely amazing! So to explain the area a bit, it's the city right between Incheon and Seoul. Two huge cities, so this is the suburbs pretty much so there are a ton of families and apartments and it's all a little more spread out and a lot more relaxed feel than the fast pace of the city which is nice. hmm What else... the church building just got opened last year, so it's still super new and nice, and yeah. I'll tell you more later mom at our call! (:

Anyways this week was great! I've said that before, but I want to say it again! We're meeting with a few great people and met a few this past week that I'm looking forward to meeting again and sharing the restored gospel with them!! One of them is a friend I met yesterday! We were walking home from an appointment and we were almost home when I noticed someone that was a little ways ahead of us. So we walked a bit quicker to catch up and as we got closer I noticed that his backpack wasn't a back pack! It was a trumpet case! So I just yelled a bit and asked him if he played trumpet and he turned around a bit surprised and was like, yeah!! how'd you know, and then I explained I saw his case and played too and on went the conversation, and it was so great!!! 1st because there aren't too many brass players here in Korea and 2 because he was such a great kid! Anyways that was just a little miracle, haha. One of the smaller ones from this week!

But another cool story is that on Sunday we had an investigator come and while we were in church we invited him to attend the other missionaries investigator's baptism and so that sprang up a lot of questions about that haha. It was funny😂😂 some of the questions. It's hard to explain, but anyways we ended up taking him to show him the font and we opened the doors and because it had only been hot water going so far this HUGE cloud of steam came out and washed over the whole room haha, and his eyes got so big!! haha It was interesting and a lot more funny in person and there were so many other little things that were great too. But he then attended the baptism later and said he liked it! Yay!! Such a great week! I love doing the Lords work! It's fun and the blessings are great! This is truly God's church on the earth! Love you all!

Elder Lott
Oh, and something super exciting is Elder Renlund is coming to our mission next Sunday!! To our building!!! So that is going to be incredible!! (: So excited!!


Question of the Week: We are looking forward to the new Avengers movie, and the latest Star Wars will be out in a few weeks. Do South Koreans go to to movie theaters, or watch some other way? Or maybe not even care about American movies?

Answer: haha That is a great question~ they love going to the movie theaters from what I can tell, and they love American movies haha!! And speaking of Infinity Wars the new Avengers movie, I actually can tell you what happens if you want😉 Now before you think I'm a bad missionary, I did not see it! But I've just talked to so many kids who have and they've explained it all to me haha. It sounds like it's pretty good.


We received a fabulous text from a couple who were visiting South Korea from the United States and had asked Elder Lott and his new companion, Elder Jesse, for directions to the South Korea Temple.  Made our whole week to get that text!



Some pictures of Bucheon from Google:

















Comments