This Week Was Dope!


So this week was 마약~~~~ (dope) haha not actual slang but what me and my companion use; a weird mix of Korean and English. Oh! Speaking of my companion! We get to stay together for at least another 6 weeks!! I'm excited to see all the great work that we'll be able to get done this transfer!

So this last week has had a few great miracles. So starting probably with the most worldly, I was given the gift of sports during soccer with the ward on Saturday and I did pretty good as keeper! Haha we were playing against the neighbor ward. And now I don't think relationships with the ward have ever been better ;) partially joking, but not really. If I haven't explained it before, playing soccer with Koreans and playing WELL is one of the best ways to build relationships. (If you want to hear about some of my epic plays ask my sister Lilianne, haha. I told her a few.) 

Haha, and then some of the more spiritual miracles that have come this past week; we have gotten some of our first referrals ever!!!! And as the ward has seen us taking care of them at activities and in church we've been invited to meet with members and their friends in the upcoming week!!! Literally after about 2 weeks ago when Elder Gill and I took some actions to concentrate ourselves even just that much more, we've been seeing miracles and this area has started to explode!! God truly takes our small efforts and turns them into great things!! I love the mission. I love God and I love this Gospel that He's given us. 

Love you all!!
Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Are there many monuments for or do the South Koreans talk about/remember the Korean War?

Answer: Yeah there actually a LOT of monuments and sites. Probably the biggest is in 인천 [Incheon] It's the one dedicated to MacArthur. I've never been but I've heard it's pretty cool!! And the older generation really remembers and sometimes will thank us because we're Americans, especially if they served in the war.


Mom note: Click here to read an interesting article
 about this monument to General MacArthur.
Like the United States, it seems there also
South Koreans who protest war monuments.

Comments