Testimony of the Book of Mormon



So this week I picked up my new companion, Elder Malasky!! He's from Syracuse Utah!! A really hard worker and a great guy!! So, there were a ton of miracles this week, but I'll just share one.

We were proselyting to a 학생 [student] at a bus stop and I was letting Elder Malasky take the lead and it continued on to the very crowded bus. And as we're talking to him and explaining a few things to him, this women behind him starts whispering into his ear and telling us that we're 이단 (the Korean word for a cult or fake religion that does really bad things) and other slander like that (we get stuff like this all the time out here so I wasn't paying attention to the specifics). So I take a moment to compose myself, translate to my companion (I decided I couldn't protect him anymore from what some people say to us), and tell her that we believe in Jesus Christ and then just continued trying to talk to this kid to really no avail. Well, a few stops later she gets off and Elder Malasky just bears his (slightly broken but beautiful) testimony of the Book of Mormon and tries to give it to the kid... And he accepts!! Then I add my testimony too, and he's clearly touched and we talk a bit more then parted our ways, and I know that he felt the spirt in that moment and was able to see the clear difference of the spirit that is with us and the message that we're sharing and the other. It was great!!

I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love you all!! Praying for all of you!!

Love, Elder Lott


Question of the Week: Is there a cost difference for housing or office space the higher your floor is in Korea? For example, in the US, traditionally, the higher a floor is, the more expensive the rent is. But in Europe where there aren't as many elevators, ground floors are more expensive because people don't like carrying groceries or furniture up multiple floors.

Answer: I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure the lower ones are cheaper, except for the 1st floor. That one is really nice because you don't have to worry about downstairs neighbors. But most every building has elevators here, so it's not a big issue taking stuff up and down (:





Me and my boy :)

Of course I had to wear
my Dad sweater and tie on our first day :)










Elder Malasky and Elder Lott




Comments