Cool Pictures


Question of the Week: Do South Koreans give tips with payments for restaurants, taxi rides, hair cuts, etc?

Answer: Nope, no tips. For anything. Or tax for that matter (well, there is tax but it's already factored into the price). It's actually super nice! Haha everything is exactly the price it says it is! If it's a dollar you give them a dollar 끝 [close]. End finished. I wish America did it that way!


Here's some cool pictures! Love you all!
Elder Lott


So I may not look excited, but I was having a blast with (name)! Haha, he's a less active boy that I've been working with ever since I've came to Gimpo and he finally came to church on Sunday!! It was awesome. We were just sitting through the meeting with someone we're teaching and after the closing prayer someone grabs my shoulders and I turn around and it's him!! Haha, it was awesome!! We then hung out at the church for a while and had a good time!





haha and 역시 [also] I've been showing my comp the delicious flavors of Korea!!! Ice cream, 호떡 [hotteok], 잉어빵 [carp bread], the works!! Haha and we did missionary work too!









Comments

  1. Not sure how I've stumbled upon this site but, nonetheless, have sincerely enjoyed reading the occasionally blogs. Although Elder Lott's blogs stand out, I've enjoyed all the postings of the young missionaries. While not a Mormon myself nor have I ever been one, I've always admired and respected Mormons as members of a solidly upstanding community of people. These blogs shine a light on the zeal and earnestness that only sincerity of a well brought up youth can muster. As a father of teenagers, these are the very qualities that I hope are imbued in my own kids when they themselves step into the wider world. I am a mainline Christian and of Korean heritage so this is probably why this site piqued my interest. Although certainly not an authority, I can attest to the vexatious difficulty of the Korean language and of the pull and push of the Korean people. No mean feat in learning the language and understanding the people. Hat's off to Elder Lott's and all missionaries' parents for jobs well done in raising solid, hard working and dedicated kids. Indeed!

    떳떳하고 씪씪한 아들 랏 장로님과 모든 선교하시는 장로님들과 자매님들의 부모님들께서 믾은 수고하시므로
    훌륭한 아이들을 키우셔서 매우 긍지를 느끼시겠습니다

    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment